— Being late to school can affect your child’s ability to learn, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
Getting out the door on time in the morning can be difficult, the academy acknowledges, suggesting these ways to get your child to school promptly and avoid absenteeism:
- Track your child’s attendance on a calendar.
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep.
- Prepare for school the night before by packing lunches and backpacks and laying out clothes.
- Do not let your child stay home unless the child is actually sick.
- If the child wants to stay home, talk to the child about why he or she does not want to go to school.
Posted: February 2019
Source: Read Full Article